Locations + Directions
Tufts Children's Hospital
75 Kneeland St.
Box 334 Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-8100
Fax #: 617-636-5621
Publications + National Presentations
1. Carpenter, A.L., Pincus, D.B., Bair-Merritt, M.H., Perrin, E.C., & Mian, N. (in press). Early identification of anxiety disorders: The role of the pediatrician in primary care. Children’s Health Care, in press.
2. Perrin EC, Pinderhughes EE, Mattern K, Hurley S., Newman R. Experiences of Gay Fathers and their Children in Two states. Clinical Pediatrics, March 2016.
3. Perrin E, Leslie L, and Boat T. Parenting as Primary Prevention. JAMA-Pediatrics, May 2016.
4. Curtin C, Humphrey K, Vronsky k, Mattern K, Nicastro S, and Perrin EC. Expanding Horizons: A Pilot Mentoring Program Linking College Students and Teens with ASD. Clinical Pediatrics, Feb. 2015.
5. Stancin T and Perrin EC. Psychologists and Pediatricians: Opportunities for Collaboration in Primary Care. American Psychologist,69(4) May-June 2014, p. 332-343. DOI: 10.1037/a0036046.
6. Steiner NS, Frenette EC, Rene KM, Brennan RT & Perrin EC. In-school Neurofeedback Training for ADHD: Sustained Improvements of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatrics. March 2014.
7. David J. Kolko & Ellen Perrin (2014) The Integration of Behavioral Health Interventions in Children's
Health Care: Services, Science, and Suggestions, Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology, 43:2, 216-228, DOI: 10.1080/15374416.2013.862804.
8. Sheldrick, R. C., & Perrin, E. C. (2013). Evidence-Based Milestones for Surveillance of Cognitive, Language, and Motor Development. Academic Pediatrics, 13(6), 577-586. DOI: 10.1016/j.acap.2013.07.001.
9. Perrin, E.C., Sheldrick, R.C., McMenamy, J.M., Henson, B.S., Carter, A.S. (2013). Improving parenting skills for families of young children in pediatric settings: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Pediatrics. DOI:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.2919. Published online in advance of print, Nov. 4, 2013.
10. Sheldrick, R.C., Henson, B.S., Merchant, S., Murphy, M.J., Neger, E., Perrin, E.C. (2012). The Preschool Pediatric Symptom Checklist (PPSC): Development and initial validation of a new social/emotional screening instrument. Academic Pediatrics, 12, 456-467. DOI: 10.1016/j.acap.2012.06.008; PMID: 22921494.
1. Sheldrick, R.C., Ramella, L., Diemer, M.,. Perrin, E.C. (2017, May). Heterogeneity in the implementation of developmental screening. Platform presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies & Asian Society for Pediatric Research joint meeting, San Francisco, CA.
2. Sheldrick, R.C., Marakovitz, S., Ramellah, L., Perrin, E.C. (2017, May). Accuracy of the SWYC Milestones for detecting developmental delays. Poster presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies & Asian Society for Pediatric Research joint meeting, San Francisco, CA.
3. Perrin EC and Sheldrick RC (April 25, 2017): Webinar delivered for MCPAP : Developmental-Behavioral Screening: Rationale and Recommendations.
Ellen C. Perrin, MD is a Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician at Tufts Children's Hospital at Tufts Medical Center and Professor of Pediatrics at Tufts University School of Medicine. She is board certified in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics. She has been on the academic faculties of the University of Rochester, Vanderbilt University Medical School, and the University of Rochester School of Medicine before coming to the Tufts Children's in 2000. She has been actively involved with the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Board of Pediatrics, the Ambulatory Pediatric Association, and the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Her clinical and research interests include children’s understanding of illness concepts, the management of developmental and behavioral issues and chronic health problems in primary care, and children in nontraditional families. She and Dr. Chris Sheldrick developed the
Survey of Wellbeing of Young Children (SWYC)
in response to the growing interest in comprehensive monitoring of children’s development in primary care and other settings.
Ambulatory Pediatric Association
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Board of Pediatrics
Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics