Tufts Children’s Hospital’s Adolescent Bariatric Surgery Program helps adolescents and young adults struggling with obesity lose weight using a combination of medical and surgical approaches. Our unique, personalized approach may be the right option for adolescents struggling with obesity. We provide access to an exceptional team of pediatric providers with expertise and commitment to the treatment of adolescents with obesity and related comorbidities.
Our program offers:
- A safe environment to receive ongoing lifestyle modification counseling
- Comprehensive access to nutritional counseling, Pediatric and Bariatric Surgery teams, and associated specialists
- Education and counseling on obesity and related comorbidities, as well as medical and surgical weight loss options
- Bariatric surgical work-up, monitoring of nutritional supplementation, help with insurance approval process, and personalized postoperative care
- Coordinated in-person and telemedicine visits
Our multi-disciplinary team
Taking into account the medical, emotional, and psychosocial needs of an adolescent, the Tufts Adolescent Bariatric Surgery Program team is comprised of pediatric experts in:
- Physical Therapy
The program facilitates prompt and necessary access to bariatric surgery and medical weight loss in line with the latest recommendations by the American Academy of Pediatrics.