At Tufts Children's Hospital, the patient is at the center of everything that we do. Our core commitment is to provide the highest quality of care to the patient in a safe environment. It is important that we also include the family and caregivers in your chiild’s care, recognizing the importance of your support and encouragement.
The safest care for our patients
We are committed to keeping your child safe by adhering to strict standards and leading the way in new initiatives that ensure the safety of our patients. In order to meet our commitment we must:
- Encourage all patients and their families/caregivers to be a part of the patient-centered care we deliver
- Implement best practices to ensure the highest level of medication safety.
- Reduce the risk of patient falls. Preventing falls is one of our highest priorities in ensuring a safe visit for all of our patients.
- Prevent hospital acquired infections. Preventing infections is the goal of Tufts Children's’s Infection Prevention Program that is lead by highly experienced physicians and nurses.
- Ensure surgical safety. Tufts Children's has implemented multiple strategies to eliminate surgical complications. Learn about our "Ticket to Safety."
- Encourage your child and you to be informed healthcare consumers by reviewing our quality performance.
In 2013, the AARP named Tufts Medical Center and Tufts Children's Hospital one of their “safety superstars,” as one of the safest hospitals in America. Learn more >