At part of Tufts Medicine, Tufts Children's Hospital and Tufts Medical Center hav teamed with Lowell General Hospital to bring world-class specialty care right to your doorstep in the Greater Lowell community. So rather than traveling into Boston for medical appointments, you and your family can stay right where you are, and still receive the advanced care provided by an Academic Medical Center.
Tufts Children's and Lowell General formed a clinical affiliation in 1993. Since then, we've collaborated to expand the range of services and specialties available in Lowell.
What does our partnership mean to you?
- You enjoy the convenience of seeing Tufts MC and Tufts Children's specialists closer to home while still benefiting from the latest medical advancements and technologies offered by an Academic Medical Center.
- Lowell General's talented physicians and clinical staff can consult with Tufts MC physicians to enhance your or your family's care.
- If you or a family member has a particularly complex case, you can be quickly and easily transferred to Tufts MC and Tufts Children's for highly-specialized care.
Learn more about our pediatric partnership and read our Mommy Blog >
Tufts Children's works with Lowell General to provide the following services:
- Emergency Care: In an emergency, you can rest assured that you and your family will receive the best care from emergency specialists at Lowell General. If necessary, you can be quickly transferred to the Tufts Medical Center Emergency Department (with the help of our rapid transport ambulance service) and referred to our academic medical center specialists.
- Hospitalists: Tufts Children's hospitalists oversee and direct all aspects of your child's daily care. These skilled pediatric physicians serve as the vital link between families, nursing staff, other doctors and the referring pediatrician.
- Intensive Care: Tufts Medical Center intensivists manage the Lowell General Hospital ICU. Ensuring that the sickest patients are getting highly-specialized, expert care.
- Newborn Care: Tufts Children's neonatologists, pediatric physicians and neonatal nurses staff Lowell General's Level II special care nursery. Infants born prematurely or with medical complications can receive expert treatment and monitoring near home and family.
- Pediatric Specialty Clinics: Rather than heading into Boston, stay local for specialty care. Your child can see Tufts Children's pediatric experts in Cardiology, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Genetics, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology and Rheumatology at Lowell General or at our Pediatric Specialty Center in Chelmsford.
About Lowell General Hospital
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit, community hospital serving Greater Lowell and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, the hospital offers the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.